I have a saying. It’s one of my Today’s Lines to Live By®, which you can catch daily on my Instagram.
“Short-timers focus on wins. Long-timers focus on plans.”
Short-timers focus on wins, which usually causes them to lose. And quit. That’s how they become short-timers. Get it?
Long-timers focus on the plan and the planning process. And, they obsess over abilities they need to grow to add cool checkmarks next to the stuff on their plans.
This, in turn, causes them to grow faster, live happier existences, and, oddly, win more. Or, at least win bigger.
Build strategy. Add plans. Work the plans. Stay the course.
There is one ingredient in working a top-1-%-er plan I consider the secret to the sauce.
Catch it in the week’s podcast on The Top 1% at Their Job Focus on This.
If you'd like to build a great career and lead a rewarding life, check out some of these other places where I share my teachings:
1. Check out the milewalk Academy, my coaching and training site, for freemiums and premiums.
2. I have hundreds of educational and inspirational videos on my YouTube Channel.
3. Grab any of my three books related to interviewing, hiring, and goal setting. All can be found on my Amazon Author Page.
4. Follow me on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
5. Stay in touch with me in your email inbox by joining my newsletter here!