Empathy doesn’t sound sexy, but it’s like still water that runs deep. It’s like roots of giant trees you wonder how can possibly stand so tall. And, yet, so few people are actually empathetic. Why?
Because you have never, not ever, had an experience that you were not at the absolute center of. Your thoughts and feelings about those experiences are automatic.
My experience of the same scene needs to be communicated to you. My feelings need to be communicated to you. And even if I did that perfectly, you still wouldn’t be able to know exactly how I feel.
That’s because my current experience (with you) is nuanced by all the other experiences I’ve had. Which, by the way, you haven’t had!
So, how is one to become a better person, better communicator, better at understanding their friends, partners, and spouses.
How does one become better at providing service or anticipating reactions or so many other desired life and business skills?
You need to stop being automatic.
The formula is not hard. The practice and execution are excruciatingly hard.
So hard that so many give up so easily. So? So, don’t let that be you!
Join me for today’s podcast to learn a simple, yet very effective formula for developing empathy!
If you'd like to build a great career and lead a rewarding life, check out some of these other places where I share my teachings:
1. Check out the milewalk Academy, my coaching and training site, for freemiums and premiums.
2. I have hundreds of educational and inspirational videos on my YouTube Channel.
3. Grab any of my three books related to interviewing, hiring, and goal setting. All can be found on my Amazon Author Page.
4. Follow me on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
5. Stay in touch with me in your email inbox by joining my newsletter here!